Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ryan's new hobby


Since the move and the new year in Florida we have both picked up new hobbies on our adventure here. Besides being a beach bum Ryan has started his new hobby "Genealogy". He has been so dedicated to doing it. Just on a whim one day he started playing around with it and now he is hooked. I never could get into genealogy, primarily because I had no luck doing it. I always got stuck and got irritated and gave up. But, Ryan has a true knack for it. He enjoys doing it, he is great at the research involved and he is LOVING the fact that he can find out things in his family, seeing the similarities, finding old pictures, and documents of those who have passed on. Researching the kind of lives they lead and what they did in life. When he shows me some of his finds, they are actually pretty impressive. He gets true joy out of doing it and the more he does it the more he wants to do it, to see what other good things he can find. It is almost like treasure hunting!

I never really thought there could be a testimony in doing genealogy, until I saw Ryan getting pure joy and comfort out of what he is doing. He tries to dedicate an hour a night to it -if not more. ( sometimes he gets carried away, I have to drag him away). I am so proud of his diligence and his efforts. He has even started doing my family genealogy for me, since I am a slacker and I give up to fast. I can now say that he is an example to me and has given me a testimony of doing genealogy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment