Saturday, March 6, 2010

Concert Time



For our 6 year anniversary Ryan bought me Alice In Chains concert tickets, I was so excited. I have loved this band since I was just about 12 years old and now this was my chance to see them live in concert.. Only took me about 16 years to finally see them! It was a bittersweet moment for me, their music was one of the biggest influences on all my dreams growing up. They were my MUSE in life. They inspired me, and helped me grow up. A lot of my teenage memories were listening to their music. When I was 15 years old I took guitar lessons and the 1st song my teacher taught me how to play was an Alice in Chains song. I had posters plastered all over my wall and T-shirts galore. They were featured in one of my favorite movies,and every time I stayed home sick from school, I would watch that movie and pretend I was in the band. They meant a lot to me. The original singer passed away a few years ago, and the band decided to get back together with a new singer. I have always been told that I am in my element when I am at a concert or a show and it is true, most people have never seen me light up and become more alive, then when I am in front of a band. My best friend always says.. Concerts are what I live for! We all had a great night, and I was in my element with my 2 favorite boys. My hubby and my nephew!

Road Trip to Louisville

Had to get a hoodie
My Element

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete