Monday, October 10, 2011

Reflecting

I was having a hard time coming to terms that I was turning the big 30! I was dreading the day. For me hearing the word 30 means "grown up". I don't like the thought of being a "grown up" I still wear my hair in pig tails, I still like sparkles, and hanging posters up in my room of my favorite band! I even wear Hannah Montana perfume every day. Looking at the other side of being 30 I reflected on what happened in the last 30 years. In the past 30 years, I have gone through my teenage years, went to prom, graduated, went to college, made friends that will not only last a life time but an eternity. I have had 6 roommates, and lived in Salt Lake City, Kentucky, and Florida. I have gone to hundreds probably close to a thousand concerts/ live bands. I have gotten to travel to all the big cities I have wanted to go to like Seattle, New York, Chicago. I met the love of my life and have been married for almost 8 years. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. I have become an Aunt to 2 nephews and 3 nieces. And I kicked Cancers Butt! These are just a few things I have accomplished all before I was 30! I hope that the next 30 years are just as good and fun! 1st thing on my list was to travel out of the country and I did that! A few other things to cross off my list is to be able to have kids, buy a house, and see more of the world with my sweetie. I still don't plan on growing up anytime soon. I have too many youthful tendencies haha. I enjoyed reflecting on my life and my blessings. I have had a pretty good life, and I would do it all over just the same way if I had the chance. Cheers to another great 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment