
My hubby sure has been keeping me busy lately. He is the type to always sit at home and watch tv and nap all day on the weekends. But since the weather is getting nicer. It's always nice in FL but it has been stay in side weather. There are so many things to do here and tons of free things. We live so close to everything and the big areas such as Tampa, and St Petersburg. I have to go to Tampa a lot for work and Ryan actually works in St Petersburg. Plus tons of little towns in between that are so close and have so many fun things to offer. One of the biggest things every year is The Strawberry Festival. It is a huge ordeal, people come from all over to come to this event. It kind of reminded me of Court Days in Mt Sterling back home, only they have Strawberries, famous people, and rides. We decided to make it a family day but my dad backed out so it was my mom, Ryan, and me. We didn't stay very long because it was so crowded you could barely move and it was extremely HOT. We did buy Strawberries and other souvenirs. Ryan bought me and my mom strawberry earrings. They are seriously too cute and then we left and had lunch at Cracker Barrel. Being at the Festival brought back a lot of memories from KY. They had people playing Bluegrass music.. Kids from the FFA, and KY Kettle popcorn. I did get a little teary eyed because I am a KY girl, and it made me a little homesick. It was a fun family day!


A few days later at work I was helping someone and he gave be a flier for a benefit show for an officer who was shot. He asked if I could hang it the flier in our break room at work. I looked at it and smiled. I told him that me and my hubby have been trying to find local bands (we love to support local music). We had actually given up on any local music scene. We had looked and gone everywhere. The guy was actually a band manager and had his own business booking bands and such. He asked me what kind of music we liked. I told him, and he said it would be worth my while to check out the 12 bands at the benefit show. He found me on facebook and started sending me links to other bands and their music. We listen to some of the bands that were going to be at the show and we were so excited. On Saturday night we ventured into downtown St Petersburg, we had never been there before but I was in HEAVEN! The area that it was in was like a slice of Seattle. It was full of art galleries, punk rock stores, art studios, lots of venues for live music, restaurants where you sit out side. You could hear the music in the streets. There were punk rockers, skaters, heavy metal people, artsy fartsy people. I LOVED IT!! It was nothing but art and music and cool people lol.One of the people from Hells Kitchen TV show was there to promote his new restaurant that was open in our area in Clearwater, we got to meet some of the bands, they were so nice, they gave us photos and stickers, and we ended up buying a few bands CDs. The guy I met at the bank got us autographs. It was cute! We had a blast. Some of our favorite bands was of course an 80s cover band. They looked and dressed the part and played some of my favorite songs. And another band that sounded like Sublime, and a rock band that was amazing. There was a variety of everything. It was a good night and we cant wait to see the bands play again. We have been busy with getting out and exploring our area. There is so much to do and to see. Can't wait for more to come


No comments:
Post a Comment