
I have to admit, my first week here in Florida was pretty bad. I was completely home sick. It never hit me that I was moving away until I got here. I cried and cried. I have been away from my hubby and I really miss him because Florida is supposed to be our new adventure together and I felt a little lonely. I am here with my dad but he has been out and about with his fishing friends. My new job at the airport was supposed to be an easier less stressful job but it was the opposite. So I have been on the job search once again. I have had a few calls and have been lining up interviews. My first week I knew nothing, knew no one and kept getting lost everywhere I would go.
I am now going into my 2nd week and I am starting to LOVE it. I drive by the ocean everyday. I get giggly when I see the palm trees sway. I can go swimming anytime I want. I know where I am going, and people at the marina actually know me by name. Kind of like cheers! I was coming out of a little shop looking for my dad when someone said HEY Jennifer are you lost again? lol. I thought that was pretty funny it's nice to know that people know you. The locals are giving me all the inside scoop. I am scouting out places to go. I lucked up on finding a Cheddar's restaurant here. I LOVE Cheddar's so I was super excited! Florida also has THE BEST 80's radio station I have ever heard, they play all the underground 80's music too. They also have a lot of 80's bands that come thru here as well.. So that is a double bonus. So needless to say this week has been pretty good!
I also found out that my sweet hubby might have a job that will start in late August. With this economy we were scared we would be apart for a few months. We have really been putting our faith in the Lord that things will come together. I am ready to start this adventure and I pray that it will be a good one! Thought I would post a picture of the 1st time Ryan and I ever came to Clearwater back in 2008. Kind of hard to believe we live here now :)

I'm sure glad you are easing into life there! Sounds like a dream, really, but I know getting adjusted away from family is tough. Looking forward to tons more pictures!
ReplyDeletegirl i was the same way whe i moved to bg! even when i was with chris i cried the frist week! and i got lost! but im glad it starting to feel like home.. it just takes time and its great u got nw job and ur goin to shops and getting out places being usy helps when ur away from ur hubby! prayin for strenght i do that alot it helps.. and thanking him too.. good luck wth ryans new possiblety and ur new jobs when will ryan start school! love u ill try to get on here more
ReplyDelete