Last year me and my best friend Kim went to a concert to see one of my favorite non-punk bands Better Than Ezra. I had seen the band a few times before and this was a free concert in Louisville. Ryan had planned to go with me but he couldn't take the time off work. I had no one to go with. Kim had just had major surgery a few days before, but she said she would go with me since she knew I wouldn't go by myself. On the way there, she was like ummm ummm, by the way it's not that punk music you listen to is it? I was cracking up. I said no and played her a few songs. She had actually heard them before. That night was one of the best times ever spent with Kimmie. I felt horrible that I made her go into the "Pit" where people jump around but I wanted to be close. She was such a trooper for 1st off going with me, then to have had major surgery and to be there celebrating with me was a BLAST! I can't believe it has been over a year already since we went but I just wanted to post the memory of that great time we had. After the concert we went to The Hard Rock Cafe and on the way out to our car we passed the tour bus and there was the bass player!!!! She said go and I will take your picture with him.. We were standing literally a few feet away, I had my opportunity but I chickened out. I was star struck. I kicked myself for that afterwords. I am posting a few pictures of the night and a video of one of my favorite songs by them that remind me of Kimmie.We were down in this. I found this picture from a newspaper

I took these from where we were standing.


I love that song! It DEFINATELY reminds me of our trip to Midway. I love meaningless road trips. I absolutely love doing with people who love it too! I really miss you.
ReplyDelete