Saturday, December 26, 2009

Santa came early this year

It is true, Santa decided to come early this year to The Sward house. Dec 15th to be exact. I reported to my Endocronologist who is also been serving as my cancer doctor. I went for a follow up visit from my last thyroid surgery and she happened to have my new pathology reports in. The way she read it off was like a Juror reading the verdict in a court room. She went through the list of tests they ran and all I heard was benign, benign, benign. What a way to turn my frown upside down. It was better than hearing the last report.. Cancer, Cancer, Cancer. It was officially announced that day that I was a cancer free girl. The only thing I have left to do now is radiation treatment, which to me, will be a piece of cake compared to the last few months of pure stress and worry, and 2 battles with surgery. Our prayers had been answered. It has not been an easy journey at all but with the support of our family and friends we were able to get through it. We had our friends from church offer prayers, blessings and meals. It was a huge blessing to us all. We are so thrilled that this journey is almost towards an end now, so we can move forward with our lives. Thanks to everyone who helped us through these hard times, it made things so much easier for us. I can officially say I am a cancer survivor, and that I have been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. My future plans are to attend Thyroid Cancer Awareness seminars, and confrences to help promote education about Thyroid Cancer. Here are a few recent pictures of my journey and if you notice the bear, his name is Mr. Beans. Mr Beans has been with me through my whole journey. Ryan brought home Mr Beans the day I had an ultrasound on my neck. Since Ryan could not be with me for all my upcoming Doctors appointments and biopsies he wanted to make sure I had someone to comfort me. Mr Beans was with me when I was scared and alone, he was a pillow to many of my tears. He comforted me every time I was sad. We all love Mr Beans!

The day of my 2nd surgery.. The day I won my battle

6:30 am my brother, me and Ryan, and of course Mr Beans

Just getting back in from surgery

My staplesThe healing

The Jacket My mom got me for Christmas.. I earned it!!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you made it through!! You truly are a survivor in every sense of the word. I am so thrilled to hear this news! I love you girl.

    ReplyDelete