
Thank goodness I work at a place where I get the Holidays off! It was perfect timing to plan a weekend getaway. Ryan is so extremely busy with going to school full time, working full time, and always seems to manage homework, studying, a married life and a social life! Even cooks me dinner if he has any time and helps with the chores. -What a sweetie! I thought it would be nice if I could take him somewhere for a few days since he never gets to vacation with me. He has always wanted to go to Chicago and hit up all the jazz clubs.. So since he works so hard, he deserves a treat! I asked him what he wanted to do, and planned everything.
I hired a photographer to come take our family portraits in downtown Chicago. I thought it would be nice to have professional pics taken of us with the huge skyscrapers in the back ground.
I found one of the most top Jazz clubs in the city. Found out an International Jazz singer would be performing. So I listened to her music and I was blown away! It was exactly what we were looking for...Soft jazz with a bit of jive and swing. I emailed the singer to see if she could bring one of her Christmas Albums with her to her show. She was so nice, responded quickly and said she wanted to meet us and introduce us to her band. This week I got another email from her saying she was checking the weather for us. How sweet is that?
We are also meeting up with one of my friends from high school at The Hard Rock Cafe, I haven't seen her in at least 10 years or more. She now lives in Chicago as a Private Investigator. After dinner we are going to Navy Pier for fireworks and to ride the Ferris Wheel by the water with a city view.
We have a LOT Planned to squeeze into 3 nights.I will blog more when we get home from the trip.
Here is a pic of the hotel I booked. I got it extremely cheap! I was proud of myself..

Here is a restaurant I made reservations for, it is on the 95Th floor!! We decided to go at night to get this view!
I am sooo excited for you!!! Maybe we will pass you guys on the interstate on the way home! Can't wait for the pics!:)
ReplyDeleteHAHA! That is so true, we really might see you on the way home..LOL Have fun in NAUVOO
ReplyDeleteHave a great time!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see the pcitures.
ReplyDelete