
One of my many new years resolutions was to explore Florida on the weekends. We live so close to so many different fun towns and areas. And every where you go here is just absolutely gorgeous. I get so excited for the weekends because it is our time to explore. The weather here is beautiful so it makes it even better! Gulfport is a little town inside the city limits of St Petersburg. It is a very historic area. Everything looks like time has been in stand still mode. By the beach they have a town hall where they have weekly swing dance balls that have live jazz and blues bands play. They encourage everyone to dress up from different eras. All the stores were in really old homes with old mail boxes. No air, just fans and an open door. All the locals sat out on their porch. I loved the fact that everything was small business owned. No corporations or anything. They didn't take credit cards, they didn't sell Pepsi or coke products at the restaurants. They had their own root beer on tap, and their own homemade lemonade.
The town had those old moss trees on every block. We liked how time just kind of stood still there. Seems like you could just imagine southern bell ladies serving lemonade in their long dresses, and on up to the Glenn Miller era where people were so in love, and took long strolls, and wrote their loved ones during the war. I love to think of things like that. My mom and I had a great time. They guys were supposed to come but they decided to stay at home and watch the games. I can't wait for our next little diamond in the rough trip.




No comments:
Post a Comment