Sunday, October 10, 2010

Getting Adjusted




I thought I would have blogged a million times during our journey here, but I have been slacking. Mainly because we try to be active and try not to be inside as much as possible. Ryan finally made the move here in August. We were only away from each other for about a month. Ryan got a job with CVS Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician, he has about 7 years experience in that field so he found employment quickly. I on the other hand have been on and off with jobs, every job I took I hated and I was really missing working at my old job. I kept comparing every job to my last job, so I decided to go back to the world of finance and I am glad I did. I was offered a Senior Teller position which is a supervisor position of my new branch. I am still in training but I love it so far.

Our journey so far has been great and trying at the same time. We still have not found a place to live. My parents have a place here in Clearwater that we have been staying in until we find our own place, which will be within the next month. We have decided to stay in the building where my parents live. It is really nice here. Plus the rent covers your Cable, and water bill. It is on the Island of Clearwater so we have instant access to the beach. We love going to the beach but we try to limit the times we go, because on the weekends we like to go and when we do it still feels like we got a vacation in lol.. We don't want to spoil the fun.

Ryan has joined The Tampa Bay Ukulele Society and a huge group of Ukulele players meet up once a month to talk and have a jam session, and also play songs together. I thought it was going to be pretty boring, but I actually like it. Plus, I get to sit with the other wives who watch their hubby's play. It is a nice way to meet friends. I have found that Art is HUGE down here and I am looking into taking art classes. I really want to learn how to do Blown glass in the fire, also fused glass jewelry. So that is one thing on my to do list.

We also love to get out on Saturday's and try a new restaurant and discover new towns. We have been to several and of course we have already branched out to Orlando for my birthday., We went to Universal Studios and The Hard Rock Cafe. For our anniversary we hope to go to Disney, and we want to explore the Kennedy Space Center.

We have also had our first visitor! Our friend Kim came down to celebrate our birthdays together and she plans to return again in December. We had a lot of fun showing Kim our town and our new hang outs. We sure do miss our friends and family but we are loving our new adventure as Floridians. - Here are a few new pics. Enjoy

Our Building

The pool and it overlooks the back end of the bay/ocean
Orlando

The Blues Brothers
Madeira Beach with Kimmie

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are liking it down there. I wish it wasn't so far away. I can't wait until I'm down there. Only 2 months and 6 days!!!

    ReplyDelete